Paleo Dessert Recipe
|Blackberry Cobbler Recipe|
Try this delicious recipe made with fresh or frozen blackberries. The beauty of frozen blackberries is that you can enjoy this dessert recipe year round. There are variations of cobblers peach, apple and berries. Before the 19th century early colonist serves fruit cobblers not as desserts but for breakfast or first courses. In the 20th century fruit cobblers were considered desserts. Cobblers are baked deep dishes fruits with top crust. Unlike pies the cobbler has only top crust and no bottom crust. Paleo crust almond flour and almond milk no dairy or animal fats. Top warm cobbler with dairy-free and unsaturated almond yogurt or cream. Enjoy!
- 1 pint fresh blackberries or defrosted blackberries (wash and drained)
- ½ cup almond flour
- ½ teaspoon xanthan gum
- ½ teaspoon sea salt to taste
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 4 tablespoons raw agave nectar
- ½ cup almond milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven 350F degrees
- Slightly oil 8x8 baking dish with olive oil or almond oil
- Dash blackberries with agave nectar
- Place blackberries in baking dish
- Mix almond flour, xanthan gum, salt, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon and nutmeg. Mix well.
- Combine almond milk, remanding agave nectar and vanilla in blender and mix well.
- Combine dry ingredients and well ingredients.
- Mix batter well. If dry all small amount of additional almond milk until batter smooth.
- Pour batter on top of blueberries.
- Bake for approximately 30 minutes.
- Crust should be golden and blackberries bubbling.
- Remove and cool 15 to 30 minutes.
Serves 4 to 5
Recipe of Interest:
Almond Milk Recipe
|Almond Milk Recipe|
Disclosure: Compensated Affiliate