|Seafood Stew Recipe|
Seafood Stew with lobster, scallops, shrimps, clams and black cods. Can substitute seafood with your favorite seafood of choice. Mix with vegetables and herbs. Sauce thicken with almond cream. Special occasion recipe. I cheated just a little with 1 cup vermouth. Wine is not 100% Paleo friendly but what makes this a gourmet recipe. At times vermouth is substituted for white wine for cooking. Can substitute vermouth with white grape juice. White grape juice compared to vermouth does not have the same flare but is Paleo friendly.
Yield: 10 servings
- 6 (1 Lb) Maine lobsters
- 20 medium size Sea scallops
- 36 Large shrimp, peel, cleaned and tail removed, approx. 2 lbs.
- 10-12 clams
- 10 (1 oz) pieces of black cod
- Clean all seafood before cooking. Shrimp clean, shell and remove tail.
- 10 (3 ½ inch) terrines/or serving dish of your choice
1. Bring 1 gallon of water to a boil; poach lobsters, then shrimp, then black cod and last scallops. After seafood is cooked, remove from water; reserve water and bring to boil.
2. Cook all vegetables and herbs in liquid that was used for the seafood, remove vegetables when tender. Allow the liquid to continue to boil until only 1qt of liquid remains. This will be the base for the sauce.
3. Bring seafood liquid back to a boil and add the vermouth and almond cream and reduce by half, season with salt, white pepper and nutmeg to taste. You have reached your desired thickness when the sauce will cover the back of a wooden spoon. Set aside to cool.
4. Cut Maine lobster, shrimp and scallops into bite size pieces.
5. Pre-heat oven at 400 degrees.
6. Fold seafood and vegetables into cool sauce, being careful not to mix too much as this will break up the seafood. Scoop mixture into oven proof baking dish of your choice.
7. Bake for about 8-10 minutes, allow to cool for 5 minutes before serving. You can cook this 2-3 hours ahead of time and keep warm at 150 F degrees.
*All seafood can be substituted with other favorite options of your choice and availability.